Association of Private Medical and Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh has announced the exam dates for Uttar Pradesh Common Admission Test (UPCAT BDS), which will be conducted in May 2015. The UPCAT BDS will be held on Sunday, May 24, 2015.
UPCAT BDS is conducted for admission to Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) offered in all the private dental colleges of Uttar Pradesh for the session 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for UPCAT BDS 2015:
- Candidates shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the BDS program.
- Candidates should have passed the higher secondary examination or the Indian school certificate examination which is equivalent to 10+2 higher secondary examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination and in addition must have come in the merit list prepared as a result of such competitive by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together in the competitive examination.
For more details and information on eligibility criteria, please visit their official website.
Application Procedure for UPCAT BDS 2015:
- Application form and prospectus will be available from Thursday, January 01, 2015.
- Application forms can be obtained from all participating Dental colleges of U.P. against payment of Rs. 1,000/-.
For more details and information on application procedure, please visit theirofficial website.
Paper Pattern for UPCAT BDS 2015:
- The entrance examination will comprise of an objective type examination of 180 minutes duration containing 200 questions of 200 marks.
- There will be 50 questions each for Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany. The syllabus for entrance examination will be as per the 10+2 examination (ICSE/CBSE/U.P board or equivalent).
- The question paper will be given in English only. The candidate is required to answer 200 MCQs in 3 hours. Each question shall carry equal marks.
- All questions will be objective type with Multiple (1, 2, 3, 4) choice of which, only one will be the appropriate response and therefore the correct choice.
- Each correct answer will be awarded one mark.
- Zero marks shall be given to no response.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answer or more than one choice indicated against a question.
- Forms will be available from: Thursday, January 01, 2015.
- Last date for submission of application form: Friday, May 15, 2015.
- Date of UPCAT BDS: Sunday, May 24, 2015.